Using Omnicharge Ultimate as an uninterrupted power supply for snap maker original

The power is shaky during a storm where I live so I wanted a ups for my snap maker original but i have an omnicharge ultimate so I thought I’d try to use that, the AC output isnt powerful enough to power the provided power adapter for the snap maker original so I tried the variable voltage DC port by making an adapter cable using Amass MR-30 plugs (link here : 10 Pairs Amass MR30 Male Female Connector Plug for RC Multicopter Airplane https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0747MW9RX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_MRZJ8P4NSB6DWGQ255ZG and some 5.5x 2.5mm Male Barrel plugs to allow the omnicharge to connect directly to the snap maker and the snap maker originals included ac adapter dc plug is too small to fit into the omnicharges charging port so i spliced on another 5.5x 2.5mm male barrel plug on the snap makers power supply so that the omnicharge is charged by the power supply and the onnicharge powers the printer. The omnicharge can handle 90w input power max which seems to be just barely able to keep up with the snap maker originals average power use as despite printing for 11+ hours the omnicharge stays full but i can see a few watts leaving the battery for only a few seconds every once in a while

while it worked for me, im just sharing what i did as i think its interesting, doesn’t mean it will work for you or even should be done to begin with, if the omnicharge should output a higher voltage it likely would fry the control board for the snap maker so do this only at your own risk and I’m not liable for anything nor am i an expert on anything concerned here if youre interested in more specifics id be happy to provide pictures or instructions

1 Like

Creative, nice work.

1 Like