FYI - Using fusion 360 - how to use NC program, snapmaker 2.0

Title : using fusion 360 for the snapmaker 2.0 - how to use NC program

I take no responsibility for what is written here, this is just what worked for me……… i am using the cnc with the snapmaker 2.0 on a Mac.
Took me ages to work this out, fusion360 now uses the “NC program” and there is no tutorial or explanation of how to use it on the internet (for the snapmaker)…. I hope you find it useful.

Best basic tutorial I found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RApOgdKsmnU
i downloaded the “third party configs” from snapmaker here https://support.snapmaker.com/hc/en-us/sections/4419429929367-A-AT-Models
Tips
While using geometry (in adaptive clearing) you click on the bottom of what you want to mill (it will turn white - helps if you expand (on touchpad 2 fingers moving sideways away from each other) and look down the hole.
Also, you will want to move the model while doing geometry - click orbit or pan, (the box to the right will white out a bit) , move your model, keyboard - touch “esc” and now the box to the right will be solid again (so now you are working on that again)
Took me ages to work out!!!

Simulate (this is what I found easier)
Change the tool from holder to flute or shaft
Tick the box for stock
(under stock) change mode to standard, colorization to material, material to wall paint

Post Process
Top left should already be changed to manufacture
(this is the old system, this no longer works, put here for reference only)
a) Post process - under configuration folder change to (downloaded from snapmaker) “snapmaker-fusion360-configuration”
B) under post configuration - make sure it says “generic snapmaker marlin / snapmaker”
C) output folder - change to where you want it.
D) click post

(this is the new system NC Program)
a) click setup dropdown (next to manufacture) - “create NC program”
b) Under post configuration - library - click browse - go to where you downloaded the files (usually called “assets”) - double click assets to open - one click “snapmaker-fusion360-configuration” - click open (library will now say “custom”)
c) Vendor - change to “snapmaker”
d) Selected configuration will now automatically change to “generic snapmaker marlin / snapmaker”
e) Under program - NC extension will automatically change to “.cnc”
f) Under program - change the name and output folder to what you want
g) Click ok

(now to write the file) (now we have set up NC program)
Point to NC program on the left hand side - right click - choose “post process” - the file will write to where you said it should go, this is the file to put in your snapmaker via usb.

hope this helps :smile:

2 Likes