Troubleshooting for Laser engraving

It is just a png file. It engraves in lines and I would like to make the space between those line non-existent.

You can always blur the focus a tiny bit. There may be some options in SnapmakerJS to reduce the line spacing.

Hello,

Is it normal for there to be a small (feint) halo around the laser during focusing? Last night I was unable to get a focus dot at all and was suggested to me to try it directly with the machine. When I did this I made sure to keep the room dark and noticed there was a halo around the dot. I was unable to run any program (just stopped at home for lunch quickly) so am not sure it remains during engraving. I’m mostly concerned it’ll cause issues during engraving but not sure. I’ve read a little thru here that mentions a focus ring and being able to turn that, what is the focus ring, and will that clear up the issue potentially?

Thee’s a little black ring at the tip of the laser that you can turn to focus it.

I have the same problem… I have the lastest version of the software and I try with that guide… And dont work,

Hi there,

I’m facing the same issue. I can’t get the Snapmaker laser, original or the 1600mW version to work. All the connections are correct and all the software is the latest 2.4.4 version.

I’m running a MBP on High Sierra v10.13.4.

Is there a resolution to this issue?

Whenever I create a gcode, it disregards my set size and is always about 25mm across, could be 25,6, which is the default. What has changed since my last laser engraving, I went from 2.3.x to 2.4.3 and installed the cutter for the first time. I’d like to upload the gcode for you to wonder, but since I’m a new user, forum won’t let me.

What steps can I take to get rid of this rather stupid issue?

Do you have this issue:

That did not work for me. I don’t either have issues with alignment.
I did add dots to each corner of the image, but the size is still shrinks after producing gcode.

@JReiman
Can you please upload your SVG so I can test it for you and search for a solution?

Of course, apparently I’m no longer a new user. Though, it’s a .jpg as I’ve had most success with this format when it comes to quality and artifacts.
This is my latest edition, I wish to burn it at 70mm diameter.
kukka%20bw%20125%20dots

I have no problems with v2.4.4-updated.1:

B/W-mode:
Preview:

Of course you can select the anchor you want/need!

Workspace (shows the visualized gcode - perfect radius of 35 mm):

Vector-mode:

Preview:

Workspace (only the paths will be engeaved/cut - perfect radius of 35 mm)):

I can’t see any problem…

When you update your software please reset the workspace too to be sure:

If your problem isn’r resolved please provide some explaining screenshots.

Welp, I went to fetch 2.4.4 from the forum and it appears to work as you said. One would think the stable version would always be the best one. Though Win10’s defender and Panda antivirus both found a virus in the installer…

Thanks!

In the new Snapmakerjs 2.4.6, in both the laser and cnc modules, the gcode is generated at 131% of the size I set. So to get an engrave of 120mm wide I need to set the size to 95mm. Is this something I am doing wrong or just a quirk of the software? I saved the svg file out of Inkscape at 120mm size, when I first import it, it is 125mm in snapmakerjs. I can work with that, it is the enlarging the gcode to 131% that took a bit to figure out.

I don’t know what you are doing.
Did you set the size in the preview?

Yes, I set the size as you are high lighting. Then when I generate the gcode, it resizes to 131% of that size in the workspace to send to the snapmaker It does the same thing in either the laser preview or the cnc preview.work%20space|690x388

Hi, I’m having an issue with the work and jog speed. I upload the image I want engraved and the work and jog speed say ‘0’. I’ve reset to default settings and still no luck, I’m also using the latest software but this issue started with the one before. Anyone else had this issue? I’ll upload pictures of what my screen shows.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why some files work fine on here and other do not. Can someone please tell my why this PNG file is not working? This should not be this difficult. This is on version 2.4.4. I can load the file in, preview, generate the GCODE and when the workspace screen opens I get a black box with a bunch of lines when when I start the print that is exactly what it prints. I black box.

Remove the transparent layer of png file will do the work.

Hey Jeff did you ever figure out the grayscale image problem. I recently got a laser engraver and am having the black box appear whenever I try to engrave a grayscale picture.