Summary: Extruder calibration a must

@Edwin
Would it be possible to pin this topic so that people can find it easily?

Also it would be nice if an ‘official’ method could be included with the support documents on the SM site.

-S

6 Likes

I agree. This should be pinned.

@sdj544 @oshiricohn

I have pinned this post for three months. As for the official document, I will publish it in the support page this week.

Thank you for your support.

Cheers
Edwin

7 Likes

Please keep discussions on the master topic so that this one stays short and manageable:

https://forum.snapmaker.com/t/extruder-calibration-a-must

-S

4 Likes

I hope that WiFi communication and terminal in Luba will be fixed. I’m not a fan of connecting PC and Snapmaker with USB cable.

Roman

@Tracy @ZERO00 @W_Jing could we get this topic pinned again please. This is critical to proper calibration and the main thread has become too overwhelming for new users to understand. Don’t know why it was unpinned.

2 Likes

On Luban 4.3.0, this works via WiFi connect.
Just in case.

4 Likes

@Cappo55

Please keep discussions on the master topic so that this one stays short and manageable:

https://forum.snapmaker.com/t/extruder-calibration-a-must

If you can please delete your reply in this thread that would be appreciated.

-S

Thanks a lot! It helped me a lot! I am from Germany, so all guys from there, make sure you use “.” instead of “,” while entering the E :wink:

It might be worth editing this to mention that if you unload and reload the filament to verify your adjustment, the extrude command will run backwards unless you issue the M83 command again. :upside_down_face:

Edit: Actually, I’m having to reboot the whole unit after saving the values, because until then, it won’t extrude. Ah, probably the temperature.

Hallo,ich hab mir den Teil des Kalibrierens hir durchgelesen und das hilft mir leider garnicht wirklich weiter, vieleicht könntest du mir etwas Helfen,ich bin auch aus Deutschland. Kann es sein dass die Eingabe nur über Luban läuft wenn das USB-Kabel angeschlossen ist?

2 Likes

Hey! Ich melde mich morgen bei dir per PN :wink:

Does this also apply for the Dual Extruder Module? If so, what are the values there?

1 Like

My dual extruder is pretty well calibrated, i dont change my esteps.

For anyone that comes back. Procedures are the same for the DX. it knows the difference between the two. My was 5.25mm under extruding/704.19 was my value.

It also works on WiFi these days via the workspace/console.

1 Like

I assume the calibration needs to be redone when switching hotends ? e.g 0.4 to 0.8 ?

Mainly its about e-step calibration, this means steps per mm of extruded material.
If your filament is special slippy it would be possible that a difference occurs but normaly i dont calibrate at hotend change (until i see underextrusion artefacts).

1 Like

Iam a Artisan user with the dual extruder.
My slicer is cura, flow settings are 100%
Noticed that top surfaces a bit overextruded.

I wanted to calibrate the e-steps. To do this, I extruded 100mm via the console and measured: 80mm.

hmm where is the error?
I would have expected more than 100mm to be extruded because my artisan tends to over-extrude on top surfaces.
If I reduce the flow in the Cura to 90%, I have nice surfaces.