Still can't believe all these layer shifts - RESOLVED as Slicing Issue

well the firmware he sent simply reassigns the print head tool port - to rule out a bad port on the controller.

OK that makes sense, rule out the unlikely. Might add Z hop to my Cura slice and try printing it again. I have been looking for a decent GoPro ball mount for ages and this one works very well as long as you lube the threads very well with wax.

I suppose anythings possible, but it will also print successfuly after this happens.

So anyhow, if you wanted the gcode i dont know why it is gone, the upload site must only hold it for a day or something or perhaps it only lets it be downloaded once.

seems like adding the ability to upload gcode files to the forum would be pretty beneficial…

I print, I CNC and Laser, no issues until I printed MooseJuice GCODE. Sliced the same objects I think with Cura, printed again and absolutely fine. I didn’t switch the printer off between prints but I have never noticed this as a requirement or done it in all the time I have used this machine. In my experience powering off does nothing other than require a home. You do need to home between prints as sometimes it gets “lost” but thats just good practice and we all have g28 in our start GCODE? It’s certainly in mine and in the MooseJuice GCODE he sent me.

Seems like you can upload GCODE if you ZIP it.

moosejuice_gopro_gcode.zip (1.7 MB)

Also checked the red lump @WilliamBosacker rather than the photograph and it’s shifted in both the Y and X axes. It’s also shifted in both directions in both the Y & X axes. It almost stopped happening after the two lower nuts were printed but there is still a single X left then right shift.

I am going to have to try this again!

1 Like

How did that happen?
G28 takes the Z axis straight up homing Z, X and Y in that order.

Will review your information a bit later, but for point 1, that simply isnt true.

judging by the jagged lines on the edges of the right and top of your diagram, surface is shown as a corner of the build plate that happens to be a common way to save space in CAD drawings.

Its absolutely not in that position lol.

I have an a350, maybe you dont?

Well i dont know what to tell you on that one, but the parts are not on the edge of the build surface as indicated

anyhow ill review the rest later

Prusa GCODE viewer is weird. Checked with a bunch of my Cura GCODES and even a few Prusa ones and they are all over the place, Don’t know if there are machine settings we need to sort, never used it that much.
Cura puts the model in the middle of the bed when imported and it was right in the middle of the bed when it printed. Cura also doesn’t show any strange layers either.
It is a bit worrying that different slicers read GCODE differently perhaps it’s no wonder Snapmaker have issues?
G28 has to be the safest home there is. I do hope not doing Z first on this machine was in an old firmware,

Moosejuce’s CGODE in Cura

Its probably just generically putting the object onto a plane it expects to see from based on origin point. luban also posts the objects in the wrong spot, even from cura prints. even from snapmaker prints. i doubt its really something to be concerned about.

sliced in luban.

I don’t understand Luban’s either, it seems the top right quarter graph is the actual bed surface. The rest is void space.

Cura with 0.5mm Z hop printed just fine, I have another GoPro ball joint :grinning:
No explanation as to what is going on other than I dont think it’s your controller MooseJuce.
Will have another go at printing your GCODE tomorrow. I do hope it’s not something “special” they are doing like with bed levelling.

I’m starting to suspect something is funky in the firmware, and the use of S3D generating the gcode might be clashing with it. Especially with your work of the leveling issues in the firmware.

1 Like

Hi @MooseJuice , did you try the test firmware I sent to you? I was busy arranging the tests for @stewl 's issue report. Our firmware developer is not good at English and it took some time to understand his article.

Edwin

Their English will certainly be better than my understanding of any of the Chinese languages. It’s also not that easy to get across in English, thats why I went with the step by step test that I think people should be able to follow. I look forward to their response,

Not yet sir, it is on my agenda.

Fighting with a bad back right now.

So far, I will state that I have eliminated automatic/variable extrusion line width from the printing and have not seen an issue occur since then, but this is less than ideal.

My current theory is certain line widths are causing something to skip or miss in the modules.

Will keep you posted.

Edit: I will switch firmwares now since i am ready to a new test. i will test the file from before and then a vrsion without variable line width.

Edwin: Which firmware version is this custom based on, the latest 1.12?

1 Like

@stewl isn’t Chinese (especially traditional Chinese) one of the hardest languages in the world? I recognize some of the characters because I’m part Japanese and learned Japanese because of it. Even I’m intimidated to try and learn Chinese.

Anyway I’m going off track, sorry. Is Snapmaker going to ever upgrade to Marlin 2 do you think?
And what is the controller? 32-bit or 64? I never even wondered about it until now. It’s 32 bit isn’t it? Since it has the cortex m-4.

Seeing that they have thinned down marlin to get rid of things i don’t think they will be making any substiansial changes to the edition of marlin being used in the firmware.

then again, i am talking out of my ass.