I heavily tested the laser engraver when I got the Snapmaker, and got very good results. Then I did a lot of 3D printing for a while.
Today I swapped the heads to do more engraving, and I am getting very bad results. I’m using the font feature in the laser engraving software to create a dial with 12 numbers on it. tried…
- printing from the software (184.108.40.2069) via a connection to the printer
- printing the .nc file from the USB drive
- printing at fast speeds with high power
- printing slow with low power
… the result is always the same: it looks like the laser is not switching on at certain points, causing breaks in practically all the numerals (highlighted below).
The only thing I’ve changed is that the printer is now in its enclosure, but I also tested with the door switch cable unplugged to see if that could be the cause.