This is the beta version of Snapmakerjs v2.5.2, we’ve made some changes on Laser greyscale mode, added CNC greyscale carving and a little widget to help you to align images and background. Please check it out and any feedback is appreciated!
- Workspace -> Laser Widget: Distinguished focus power and work power
- Laser G-code Generator:
- Added Camera Aid Background to accurately place the image to be engraved on the material. Please refer to the below instructions to use this feature.
- Greyscale: Added Movement Mode. If Line is selected, you can set the work speed 3-4 times faster than before.
- CNC G-code Generator: Added CNC Relief Carving (Greyscale)
- 3D Printing: the bug that the model‘s position is incorrectly determined.
- Laser: the bug that the position of the preview image or the generated G-code is incorrect.
How to Configure Camera Aid Background
The Cameral Aid Background feature enables you to place the material and the image to be engraved together and adjust their position on the software by using a phone with a camera. It helps to engrave the image on your material in a much more accurate way.
- Place a piece of paper or wood sheet on the Engraving & Carving Platform.
- Set the work origin as how you did before.
- Go to Laser G-code Generator > Set Background. Click Add Background.
- Print a square to locate your material.
a. Set the Side Length and Power of the square. The square should be larger than the material that will be engraved. Click Engrave Square.
b. After the square is engraved, place the material inside the square and take a photo. The four corners of the square must be in the photo. Also, to achieve the best result, try to keep the lens and the heated bed parallel.
c. Send the photo to your computer.
d. On Snapmakerjs, click Next. Click Upload to upload the photo. Move the four corners of the dashed box to overlap the four corners of the engraved square.
e. Click Extract and then Complete. Now the printer knows where your material is on the platform.
- Add the image or text you need to engrave on the background and complete the settings based on your needs.
- Click Generate G-code and then Load G-code to Workspace.
- Set the work origin only on the Z direction again so that the printer can engrave on the surface of the material. Click Z > Zero Out Temporary Z Axis to save the new origin.
Note: If you use the USB disk to engrave, please make sure you set the work origin in Snapmakerjs instead of on the touch screen.
- Set Work Power and start the engraving.