Snapmaker 2.0 - Arm stuck?

Yesterday i did a awesome print and was super happy with the result. So today i thought let’s go and create the next part and when i turned on the machine. After a wrong start i asked the arms to go back to the home position and than i got this!

It sounds like its stuck or one of the motors in the arms is not working correctly. I don’t dare to push them up or anything. So what should i do? Anyone any recommendations? Or is this bad?

Check all connections, especially the faulty one, it may be that it’s busted(shorted out inside the module), the left z module it seems. I would say you should smell them, but you would have to dig your head into the enclosure. There are more instances of people who have this problem, you should search for it on the forum.

1 Like

That’s has happened to me on both vertical modules. They sent me a replacement module the first time it happened then a week later it happened to the other side. They are sending me another one currently. I asked if I should expect this to happen to the other 3 modules and they assured me it will not. I expect to see it happen one by one with every module until they are all replaced.

Needless to say, I’m not thrilled about this.

I think that they could have saved themselves a lot of trouble and bad feelings if they had carried out the most basic of testing to destruction in order to calculate the MTBF ( Mean time between failures) a fairly normal manufacturing process. Before they started shipping these out, it must be costing them more in replacements and potential sales loss then a test program would have cost in the first place.

Remember people looking to buy, first check to see what the complaints are on forums like this.