SnapLinks -- Wiki

This is a collection of popular links in the forum to make it easier to find things. Please help out when you make a link to something that is useful to all and create a link to it here too. Try to place it alphabetically in the appropriate section. This is a WIKi type topic meaning anyone can edit this. Thanks - Tone

Format: Link to Forum - @ Who Contributed - External Link – Other External Link or description
Link formatting - [Name shown](actual link) – Brackets, then Parens
(NOTE: Currently this forum software only supports 10 links to people so for the time being you’ll have to omit the “@” in front of the name. Once the limit is raised we can add it back. If that name is already used in this post then you can include it)

17d

Hello e
– A broad collection of projects for the Snapmaker at Thingiverse

57 Likes

Thanks @Tone

Absolutely brilliant, thanks for your effort in creating this. I am sure it will help many users.

Next!

Doug
(@Rainie)

2 Likes

@Doug, I did a little editing on your Fusion links so they conform to the convention:
(Forum Link) (WHO) (External Link)

Also moved them alphabetically.

2 Likes

Hi @Tone

My apologies, I shall take more care next time. Sometimes even old dogs can learn new tricks.

Keep having fun

Doug

2 Likes

I can’t take credit for the CNC Dust Fence because I just found it while exploring Snapmaker related things, but thanks for adding it. I do think it’s the best option currently on Thingiverse for people who don’t have a larger printer to make the original design. However, I could upload a remix with all pieces in one STL: they can be printed all at once on the Snapmaker.

2 Likes

Well done! @Tone

Thanks for summarizing and sharing these useful links.
I have considered to add a page on our website to summarize all these useful resource, and today I found you have done it! Your work may be a good foundation. I hope we could add them this or next month to our website. Really appreciate it~ :+1:

Noah

2 Likes

Hi @Noah and @Tone

I still think it a good idea to have a references page of useful links on your web site. I have noticed that not all forum users are aware of the SnapLink topic and I have pointed a number of users to it. Also many users on the Facebook User Group are not aware of it.

Keep having fun

Doug

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a big treasure that what our users have made. We should take good use of it. :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. Yes I agree, many forum users don’t explore everything on the forum like a few of us do! :wink:

1 Like

Thank you very much for this!

There’s a ton of useful links for a newbie like me.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Dear all, I’ve added a very cool puzzle I designed for the MyMiniFactory challenge. Easy print for your SnapMaker without support or any raft settings.

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-67909

3 Likes

@doug Can you please helping me out ?

I’m trying the cnc router now for the first time, but I definitely don’t know where to start !
So many questions, which like ;

• I can’t find my assets folder in F360 to add the snapmaker file, although I’ve watched different yt movies, it looks like this free student version isn’t able to change my settings ?

• I can’t unfold the file I got from the snapmaker documents folder, ?! Why isn’t it in a zip instead of this rare .tar.gz file ? How does this work.

• Is there another way to start with F360, without updating the software with snapmaker settings ? A similar system setting that wwould work ?

• So, I’ve an image, how do I get it ready for cnc milling? Which kind of CNC milling do I have to choose? Am I able to change the scale of the image, like I can using the laser engraving software/section ?!

@Rainie I think the CNC module is by far the hardest part of the Snapmaker to understand, I hope truly you, Snapmaker in General, make it more easy for absolute beginners to start with cnc milling, because I red the installation wizzard a couple of times, watched video’s and still don’t know what to do… it is demotivating to get this thing (and myself :joy:) to work.

Please give more attention to this module, as far as I’ve seen im images and video’s, it’s a realy cool thing to master. But this far, that module is staying there and waiting “So, now what?” :rofl::wink:

2 Likes

Hi @Meike

Alas I have not used my CNC and as such a beginner try Leonardo Deng

I believe his user-id is @Leonardo

Have fun… I will be calling on you for CNC advice

Doug

3 Likes

@Meike

2 Likes

We’ve released a new tutorial video for the laser engraving/cutting feature on the Snapmaker Original. The new video showcases how to navigate the user-friendly Snapmaker Luban and set up the machine for laser engraving/cutting. It also provides useful tips and tricks for new users!

3 Likes

A new video for the CNC feature on the Snapmaker Original is out! You can check out the video here.

1 Like

It’s cool project, am waiting for my SM2 to begin ideas to reality.

@Tone, thankyou for doing this for the community - there is lots of stuff to learn and look at.

thankyou

2 Likes