Random HELP - Ask here!

I assume you are talking about the start of a print; if so this is to start the filament flowing freely before starting on the print bed.

Doug

Hi all, I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem.
I am trying to use the usb and touchscreen to laser engrave. However when I export gcode from snapmakerjs the output is .nc file. When I load it to the usb and use the touchscreen it thinks it is a cnc file and cannot run even though I have the laser module plugged in. I am running 2.2.2 of snapmakerjs and I got my snapmaker about a month ago so should have the latest firmware on it. As an aside the laser engraver works fine when it is connected to my pc, I just don’t want to have to connect it everytime I want to engrave something.

Thanks for helping.
Tony

Do the SnapMaker docs list GCODES that the controller understands?
If not, could someone on the SnapMaker Team list them somewhere on the forum? - Thanks

Hi @tone

All I know so far is that Snapmaker modifies the Marlin system for use. So all the Marlin G-Codes should work.

Snapmaker have an additional command of M1005 to display the installed firmware. Have you seen the Marlin G-Codes

Doug

Nope. Looking now…
adding it to the Wiki now…

@Tone

Soon we will be ‘youngies’ and not newbies any more hahaha get ready to shed the training pants (be prepared to clean up messes though)

Doug

@Rainie, Does the SnapMaker support all the Marlin GCODES?

@Tone

I found this cheat sheet last week RepRap GCode Cheat Sheet However I have not had time to see if it is directly applicable to the Snapmaker configuration, nor have I added it to Snaplinks until it is validated.

Doug

I have the same problem. I loaded a bunch of files and they all said
cnc
cnc
cnc

I choose one and nothing happens. Did you get an answer?

No answer yet, think it is a bug and it still doesn’t work for the latest software

Hi all- question regarding how to adhere pieces you build together. If the item you are building has multiple pieces, what do you use to adhere them? Superglue? Is there a special glue or method for PLA filament?

hi @Jen, i use Loctite Super Glue Gel. I got the info from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZWOUpx2UDk

@Jen

I have successfully used superglue on PLA and I have read that the Gorilla Superglue Gel is very good for PLA gluing. I guess this is like what @kelvin8r suggested with the Loctite version

Doug

Thanks @kelvin8r

i will add this video link to Snaplinks.

Keep having fun.

Doug

@doug @kelvin8r Thanks to both of you! I did find some info that the Loctite 401 is awesome to use!

Hey everyone! How can I clean this up?

The little spatula that came with my Snapmaker works wonders for getting almost any filament residue off the print bed. I use a putty knife tom scrape off glue stick.

Thank you for the reply! I am afraid that I might scratch the surface… this is my first print…! Is it possible that I damage the bed?

That’s a sticker you see on top of the bed. You should have gotten a spare with the printer. It’s pretty tough too and the spatula isn’t that sharp.

Really appreciate the responses as i am a real newbie!!
One last question, if the bed is scratched or has some residue from previous prints will it affect next printings? I have seen some photos in thingiverse that are really not clean…! Thank you again very much!