More powerful laser modules for snapmaker 2.0

Hello,

I remember that while browsing this forum in 2020 I met a discussion about more powerful laser modules for Snapmaker 2.0. There was a person (it seemed like a Snapmaker employee) saying something that 7W laser module is near to introduction.
Also (if I am not mistaken) there was a mention of 20W laser module.

I would like to ask if there is any progress in the development of those modules.

Thank you.

1 Like

@DDSnaps i could be wrong but if there is going to be a 20w it would probably be for the L500 model only. The 8w is on its way, but they have to get it and certified licensed in all countries they plan to sell to and make sure it fits within all regulations. Probably why it’s taken so long.

Thank you for the reply.

That is exactly what I have been thinking.
I mainly posted that to get some information from an insider about what we could expect.
If it will be released in a month or if we should not count on it for the following year…

@DDSnaps as far as I’m aware the 8w is complete, they just have to do all the legal mumbo jumbo like getting the module certified in all countries that it will be shipped to and junk. And if any hurdles are found with the modules current iteration and can’t be certified in a country for whatever reason, I think they then will change it to make it meet the requirements while making sure it will still be certified in all the others.

I’m not a lawyer, just what I was told by someone that designs lasers for cnc/laser machines. It’s still a diode laser so it’s pretty simple compared to other types.

What’s the L500 model? Is that future larger A500 model?

That about sums up all the info we have so far. As far as the 20w goes, I’m not even confident there’s going to be one. I’ve heard mentions of it here and there but I don’t think any of it was from the Snapmaker team but rather people just wanting a 20w.

@Tracy @ZERO00 i never got confirmation like I was told I was going to get and honestly I forgot about it, but are there going to be kits to upgrade the current machines we own to turn them into the larger A500? instead of having to buy a whole separate machine?

1 Like

Hi,we are working on the 8W laser module now but I do not hear about the 20W laser module for now.
The 8W laser module would be a new module and you can order for the Snapmaker 2.0 machine. About the A500, it should be a new machine, not the upgrade kit.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply, @Potter.
Do you have any estimates about product (module) releasing?

@Potter ok thanks for verifying. What is the goal mark for the release date for the A500? And is the L500 a separate machine from the A500? Are they 3-in-1 or are they dedicated machines for a single function?

I am sorry that there is no too much information about the new 500 machine, and the release date is not available yet. But I guess it should be separate machines since the workspace is large and not easy to change. @DDSnaps