M503 - No response (other than OK)

Hi, I am trying to calibrate my extruder and following the advice from mattshub (linked in another post on the forum). When I enter the M503 command to check the “E” value the terminal responds as follows:

M503
ok

I do not receive other data to work with. My extrusion head consumed 94mm of PLA when I commanded it to extrude 100mm, so it seems clear that I should tweak the steps per mm setting.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Hey @mechan8
it seems your printer is not connected to the terminal.- be sure to be connected to the correct port.
Maybe get the printer to home pos, or move axis with snapmakerjs, luban or any other slicer.

Hi @xchrisd, thank you for your quick response. I should have included more detail in my question. Prior to sending the M503 commend I sent these other commands successfully:

M83
G1 F50
G1 E100

I think Luban must be communicating okay, right? I am connected via wifi in case that makes a difference.

Thanks

If you’re communicating via WiFi, it’s a know issue that the console doesn’t echo back all that it should.
You need to be connected via USB.

1 Like

Shoot - sorry to waste your time guys. I connected via USB and the response is perfect. Thank you @xchrisd and @Tone.

4 Likes

Been sitting here for nearly an hour trying to figure out why it wasn’t answering (along with a few other issues…) :disappointed: :rofl:

1 Like