Installing Octoprint Help

Hello!

I would like to use OctoPrint with my raspberry pi, however, I use my Raspberry Pi every day though and I do not want to install an entire new OS on it.

Is it possible to simply install a program instead?

Thanks,
Greg

Yes, you can. Go to the “Installing from source” section on this page:

Thanks @TheBum! I got it working now, except I can’t get the camera to show in Octoprint :confused: The internal IP shows the camera and I can take a snapshot and get the stream, however, I can’t actually see the viddeo on the Octoprint website :confused:

@X_Pilot was digging around and found this: https://github.com/foosel/OctoPrint/wiki/Setup-on-a-Raspberry-Pi-running-Raspbian#webcam

I was going to suggest that the streaming app wasn’t installed. The page kelvin8r linked to should do the trick.

@TheBum @kelvin8r

I tried that and followed it exactly. I can get the stream to work on the internal IP as ipaddress:8080/?action=stream, however, OctoPrint doesn’t seem to display it. It works well though, as I am using that to stream it on twitch :smiley:

My control window looks like this:

Thanks for responding though :smiley:

1 Like

Go to the preferences (wrench icon in the top menu bar), select Webcam & Timelapse, and make sure this is in the Stream URL field:

/webcam/?action=stream

I confirmed that not having a Stream URL will cause the same visuals you saw. You will need to restart Octoprint after saving the new preferences to get the stream window to show up.

@TheBum
/webcam/?action=stream does not work.

I do get this error when I start the stream:
pi@raspberrypi:~/mjpg-streamer/mjpg-streamer-experimental $ ./mjpg_streamer -i “./input_uvc.so” -o "./output_http.so"
MJPG Streamer Version: git rev: 821c330ea6bbb5fbed98d48e00aac156e923161b
i: Using V4L2 device.: /dev/video0
i: Desired Resolution: 640 x 480
i: Frames Per Second.: -1
i: Format…: JPEG
i: TV-Norm…: DEFAULT
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Pan (relative): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Tilt (relative): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Pan Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Tilt Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Pan/tilt Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Focus (absolute): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Pan (relative): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Tilt (relative): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Pan Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Tilt Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Pan/tilt Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Focus (absolute): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at LED1 Mode: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at LED1 Frequency: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Disable video processing: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Raw bits per pixel: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
o: www-folder-path…: disabled
o: HTTP TCP port…: 8080
o: HTTP Listen Address…: (null)
o: username:password…: disabled
o: commands…: enabled

and I’m not sure how to get rid of it.

Sounds like a missing driver. What camera is it?

It’s this TeckNet® 1080P HD Webcam with Built-in Microphone

I do get the stream from the 192.168.x.x address :confused: Octoprint just doesn’t recognise it. It even shows up in the test window with it.

It seems the errors are not fatal and should not be affecting the issue. What does the webcam folder usually contain? It may just be that my folders are different as I do not believe I installed mjpg-streamer in the root folder.

I installed Octoprint on a Pi 3b +.
With Octoprint I am able to print on my snapmaker A250. Perfect!
But, I can’t get the plugin “Bed Visualizer” to work. The default Gcode within Octoprint to retrieve the mesh data doesn’t seem to work ( G28 G29 T M420).
Who can get me started with this Plugin for Octoprint?

You need to send a M420V

1 Like