Hi, welcome to our forum! Please introduce yourself. =)

hahaha, maybe your wife can buy you the larger Snapmaker model when they are produced… His and Her models

have fun

Doug

1 Like

Hi,
I’m NM, Live in California.
Been on this forum for a few weeks now, but didn’t have anything meaningful to say so far.
Received my snapmaker last week, and have been able to use the 3D Printer, and the laser engraver so far.
Just love the results… Compared it to a Prusa i3Mk2, and though our (Snapmaker) build plate is smaller, the results are better. Really smooth finish, easier to get first layer adhesion (with support from Walker@snapmaker.com).
I am so glad I bought this.
I have no experience with 3D Printing, CNC, Laser, etc… a pure noob, but a tinkerer at heart. Have been playing with arduinos, Raspberry pis, Lego mindstorums, etc for some time now.

Have a great day
NM

3 Likes

Hi @nmohnot

That is great, I too am a noob. I have had my Snapmaker for a few weeks and not yet used it… been busy with other things and looking forward to start using it in the next few weeks.

Keep having fun

Doug

Hello All,
My name is Jeremy, I live in Los Angeles and I work in the Film/Television industry. I’ve been 3d printing for close to 4 years now. I’ve dabbled with CNC and laser engraving for a few years; I’ve built a few machines along the way but I’ve never been totally happy with the results. I build RC boats and gadgets of all kinds for relaxation. I run a genuine Prusa MKIIS 24 hours a day to keep up with all of the whacky hobby stuff I work on over my weekends now that my kids are away at college. So very peaceful here now ;-).

I’ve had my Snapmaker for about a week now and I’m very impressed with its 3d print capabilities. It does a great job. Laser engraver works great too. The CNC is fun, I only wish it had a larger work surface. That said, I’m excited at the prospect of buying longer arms to allow me to increase its capabilities. The modular nature of the machine is what sold me on it more than anything else. The boxed extrusion design solves a lot of issues one contends with when making a machine from scratch. It’s pretty great and I wish I would’ve thought of it ha ha ha.

Lastly I wanted to say I’m glad to be here. This forum is a great idea and has been a really good resource. I’ve already learned quite a bit from many of you here and look forward to learning even more.

3 Likes

Hello there, I’m sure you’ve figured it out by now but I think this thread is just for saying HI? Theres another area here for troubleshooting.

1 Like

Hi
I am Alex from Switzerland. I received the Snapmaker yesterday and it works out of the box. very very nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Greetings from the US. My name is Doug

Got my Snapmaker a few days ago. The Snapmaker is my 4th printer and I must say that I am highly impressed with the quality of the prints so far.

Well played Snapmaker team!

Hatchbox’s wood filament printed beautifully.

I’m using Cura 3.1 and printing through an Octopi host server.

5 Likes

Hello my name is Tobias,

I have received my printer three days ago and it works like a charm with the Snapmaker printing software as well as with Simplify3D!

I haven’t treid out other filaments yet than the provided PLA but I am very much interested in printing with PETG and carbonfilled PETG. Has anyone experience with these filaments already with the Snapmaker?

Furthermore, I was wondering if I can replace the hotend from the provided block and if so with what type?

Cheers,
Tobias

2 Likes

Hello everyone Im Grant, former military dad returning to school for a BS in Mechanical Engineering

1 Like

Hello, I’m Andy. I am a full time Auto Technician. I am also a tinker-er and avid maker.

1 Like

Hi Andy,

I am sure you will enjoy the great hobby tool like Snapmaker

I would love to know of your tinkering experience with it.
Ramakrishna

1 Like

ciao sono mirko, italia, voglio imparere l’inglese per comunicare in questo blog :smile:
lavoro al CAM, creazione di percorsi per macchine CNC, e non vedo l’ora di ricevere la mia snapmaker

Hello all! I am Doug and currently work in IT. I am an avid woodworker and particularly love making pens on my lathe. I have wanted to get into 3D printing for sometime now and thought the SnapMaker was the perfect fit for me as i also want to do laser and CNC engraving. I also love gaming (both computer and board gaming) so playing with 3D models is something I have done and would love to be able to make come to life. I am eagerly awaiting my SnapMaker and hope to start playing soon.

I also forgot to mention that I like to make signs as well, and look forward to using the laser and CNC to expand my abilities.

1 Like

Does anyone know what type of nozzle the printer uses I need a hardened one for glow in the dark PLA?

Hi. I’m Mark, I live in the UK, and Snapmaker is my first 3D printer. I’m hoping to use it for a project with my kids to create our own toys-to-life game, like Skylanders or Disney Infinity.

2 Likes

Hello, I am new to the world of 3D anything. This is my first printer. Actually I bought it for the laser and CNC capabilities. Not sure if I will find a use for the printer (yet). I design jewelry and run my own seasonal gift shop on the shores of Lake Ontario. I want to use the laser and cnc carver to create some new unique one-of-a-kind souvenirs and jewelry lines.
They say you’re never too old to learn…
I am a senior with no prior experience with machines like these so this should be interesting to say the least. Heck I am having a hard time navigating the forum and figuring out how to post… I guess you just hit Reply?

Wish me luck.

2 Likes

I can’t create a topic.

The printer doesn’t work and I can’t create a new topic, I can only reply to existing ones.

This is not going well.

could you supply more information on the requirements of that pla…?

where to get it / brand / specs if you have it…

william…

Ive used quite a bit of Glow PLA without issue? Which brand of glow PLA requires a hardened nozzle? If I may ask? BTW the extruder nozzle in the Snapmaker is a standard thread size. It’s probably .04.

Sorry for this inconvenience, this rule is to limit ones who want to post SPAM information.

After you reply and join in other discussions, you may be able to create topic by your own. A more effective way to solve your problem is to contact us by email: support@snapmaker.com, tell us your problem as detailed as possible, and we will try our best to help you.

1 Like