Hi, welcome to our forum! Please introduce yourself. =)

It’s good to see someone from KC on the forum! I’m just North West of you up I-29 in Council Bluffs, IA. RetroPi is the reason I bought my first raspberry pi. Now I have two lol. I love replaying SNES games! Since it sounds like you may have a spare, you should consider looking into octopi to control your brand new 3d printer :smiley:.

Hi, Emmet here wife bought me this as a birthday gift in June for October still waiting can’t wait so excited.

3 Likes

hello i am soly , i am an computer engineer from EGYPT , i love 3d printing stuff so i began building my first 3d printer 3 years ago and it was working great , then i began a small 3d printing business in my country ( Cairo , Egypt ) i got 3 Cetus 3D printers and 1 Snapmaker , to let you know our vision is to innovate ideas and make it through 3d printing not just printing for customers and that was the reason i got Snapmaker , i am very happy to be one of this great community

@doug you are great really charity work is the best thing and i hope to join you soon

2 Likes

oh i forget to mention i am working on a project , on How to Generate Green Energy using 3D printing

3 Likes

Hello everyone.

I’m Dan from Australia.

I worked as a Mechanical engineer most of my life then switching into the rail industry a few years back as a Mobile tech.

As snapmaker is my first 3d printer i am extremely happy with it so far, i have been using sketchup3d to design models which load straight into the snapmaker3d software and print with absolutely no problems.

It was worth the wait :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

Kelvin here. I’m a developer/maker at an advertising agency. I see a few familiar names here from Facebook as well such as @Rainie and @jstncrft. Glad to be part of this wonderful community.

Hope to share and learn from everyone in the forums and other social venues, ie Facebook, Thingiverse, etc. See you around.

4 Likes

Let me introduce myself, I am Ramakrishna 80 years old electronic Engineer by profession and keenly interested all my life in tinkering! I am sure SNAPMAKER will be a great tool to add to My tinkering efforts!
I must thank SNAPMAKER to make such a smart tool for people like me and I am sure it will be also useful for schools and colleges to encourage kids in technology

5 Likes

Hi - Brad here real beginner at 3D printing.

I am from South Africa.

Got my Snapmaker setup in a jiffy and already printed a few things with out much problem.

So far really happy with the device and cant wait to make useful things…

3 Likes

welcome Ramakrishna, good to see another old fart joining in…

although i b only 61, i’ve crammed 100 years of activity in my abused body…

funny you use the term tinker so much, as that has been one of my main handles for over 45 years…
(original mississippi-tinker on galacticom, then tinker@ibm)…

playing with the snapmaker was my original reason to purchase it…
(if i ever get it, still mite b…)

good luck…

william…

My laser beam not coming and cnc carving spindle is not rotation, buy X, y movements happen with Snapmakerjs 2.2.2

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Hi all,

I’m Peter from Slovenia, camera operator by day and woodworker by night.
I plan to use the Snapmaker for printing camera accessories and parts, toys for my kids and also engrave and carve different wood and leather objects.
I’m a novice in 3D printing.

Later, Peter!

3 Likes

Me too. I want to use it for laser engraving and pcb drilling. But by laser or Cnc modules not working since received. I have asked support, they feel some thing wrong in controller, though controller responds to X Y Z movement commands. I am so frustated, I got my Snapmaker after 9 months of wait! I hope I get my Snapmaker working soon. I am not going to try 3 D printing till laser and cnc are working.

please use the trouble shooting topic areas for troubles…

also, follow other topics for respective subject matter…

the experts do not watch this topic page (introduction of yourself), for troubles…

william…

I am Ramakrishna I tried to put laser/cnc on from touch screen or SnapmakerJs 2.2.2 software, but neither laser for the laser module or cnc head. Both do not respond. But loaded g-code works with X,Y,Z movements. The software recognised laser and PC screen shows focus, laser on/off, with cnc module tool on shows. Support when asked about my problem replied that controller could be problematic.
I asked for a replacement unit which I offered to pay. But yet to receive any confirmation.

Please suggest remedy.

Hello! My name is Jason. I’m an illustrator/designer living in Portland, Oregon. My Snapmaker showed up yesterday and I immediately got it setup. This will be the first time doing anything in 3D and with a 3D printer. Im really excited and have tons of ideas I want to play with! Most of my ideas involve toys, but I’ll probably come up with more ideas involved carving and engraving too.

2 Likes

Hello!, my name is Eudis, I’m from Venezuela but right now I living in Madrid Spain.

I am a system engineer and currently I work as a database administration consultant.

I am very passionate about DIY and building things with my own hands.

I decided to contribute to the Snapmaker project, because for a long time I wanted to have in my hands a 3D printer and a CNC to be able to make small personal creations as a hobby.

The first time I was tempted to buy a machine of this type, it was with the FLUX Delta project that also came out on Kickstarter, but out of fear I did not dare.

Now with Snapmaker, I have taken a step forward and I have opted for the project, which has me very excited and eager to have it in my hands.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, happy to be here!

My name is Yves from France, although always traveling,

I’m a mechanical engineer and the founder of Fractal Engineering a product design agency, where we help brilliant inventors turn their ideas into kickass products that will fly off the shelves :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been dreaming of doing 3D printing myself to be more reactive to the projects with my clients, as well as developing products on my own, but never could find quite a right compromise for my lifestyle.

Then came Snapmaker, so I’m now here learning the craft, looking to exchange experience and connect with other like minded tech enthusiasts!

See y’all on the forums!

1 Like

Hello everyone. My name is Brad, I am from Houston, TX. I am completely new to the world of design and 3D printing. I took the opportunity to invest in a startup that appeared to have a great business idea with its modular design so I jumped on the bandwagon. My printer arrived just a few days ago because it was held up in Customs for about 2 - 3 weeks. I’ve got it put together and immediately started printing things from thingiverse. There are a few bugs that I need to work out, but I’m looking forward to the challenges. It’s good that we have this forum because I’m sure I’ll be leaving in the troubleshooting area for a long while.

2 Likes

Hi @brad.gholson

There are many newbies here, like myself… you will not be alone.

Down here in Australia we have to print everything in reverse (hahaha)

Doug

3 Likes

Greetings all. Just got the SnapMaker up and running and figured out the value of rafts and support. Still haven’t tried the other heads. Keen to explore it all. It’s really my wife’s unit, but I’m playing with it. :slight_smile:

1 Like