Hi, welcome to our forum! Please introduce yourself. =)

Doug,

This is the one I was trying. I made no changes to the setttings.

Just found you can’t go from 2.4 to 2.8 directly. You have to go to 2.7 first. I wish this was posted somewhere.

So quite sure this is not right. I am so getting frustrated with this device. Printing this from Cura 4.0. I set the nozzle to 210 and bed to 60. Also preheated the bed and nozzle. It was going not bad with the outside but when it tried to print the cross members you can what happened.

1. could the bed itself be warped in the centre?
  2. could it not be heating up consistently?
  3. could I not have calibrated properly. I used Dougs measurement (.05) with the feeler rather than paper. It was just dragging on the feeler.

I know there is a learning curve but I haven’t even got a good test print yet. :frowning: :sob: :anguished: :exploding_head:

what speeds are you using?

I have included @Rainie in on this problem

I am sure we can all get you going soon

Doug

Hi Doug,

I think these are the speeds you are referring to.

@Nigel Sorry about the problem you ran into. Here is my facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/ren.steve.3 Let’s talk via facebook , i will support you.
Thanks

@Nigel

You have some very fast speeds there.
Try

Print speed 40
Infill speed 60
Wall speeds 60
travel speed 70

Doug

Sadly the latest iteration with Doug’s speeds. It starts out fine and then after a couple of minutes, fails to adhere. Time to try blue painter’s tape and/or glue stick.

@nigel @Rainie

This is certainly odd. Have to contacted support@snapmaker.com and highlighted the problem?

Doug

Do you live in a humid climate? That is often the root cause.

I had the same problem at the beginning, but rising the temp to 210°C and 60°C (bed) for the first layer as well as drying the filament (classic newbee mistake to leave the filament out in the open)

With all the rain we have been having, it could be.

Hmmm… how did you ‘dry’ it?

If you have time then just put in an air tight container or zip lock bag with some desiccant (I collect all the small desiccant bags from my family for that purpose).
(Also you should store your filament always in this way).

If you want to do it faster then you need to rise the temperature. I’ve read from some people who dried the filament in the oven (I think about 50°C or so) or used a heated box.

I used the slower method. A sign that your filament is to “moist” is sputtering (poping) noises while printing, caused by the expanding water vapor in the extruded filament.

I’m going to attempt once more with a different roll of filament and see what happens, Fingers crossed

Slowly getting better. Still a ways to go though.

Question. Should you level the bed when it is heated or cold?

Used the zip lock bag method. My wife wouldn’t appreciate it in her oven. lol

Finally got something to print. :slight_smile: No idea what I did to make it work though.

You can also use a microwave :wink: