Hi, welcome to our forum! Please introduce yourself. =)

Hi @tarzaaan

Welcome to the community; we are all having fun with our Snapmaker 1 and looking forward to the Snapmaker 2. Make sure you checkout many of the great references in Snaplinks

Keep having fun

Doug

Hey guys! I’m Ben from Myers Woodshop.
I have a youtube channel, instagram, facebook all @myerswoodshop
I do a lot of 3d printing, cnc, woodworking, and laser stuff!

Excited to start using the snapmaker!
Ben

Hi Ben

Welcome to the party.

Doug

Hello!!
I’m Giovanni from Italy. I recive a snapmaker and i wat to learn as best as i can to use it :slight_smile:

remember to take a look at Snaplinks for great information

thanks @doug, yet done :slight_smile:
I’ve already printed a bit of things, but i need to improve my technique and competence :wink:

Hi @groc

Join the club, we are all learning and trying to improve…welcome to the next 20+ years of doing so.

I figure by Snapmaker 10 it will all be automated and idiot proofed hahahaha and @Rainie will not have aged

Doug

20+ Years ? :thinking: :fearful:

I equate present 3D FDM printing with the 2D DOT Matrix printers of yesteryear.
Very popular and affordable for the amateur, hobbyist and small manufacturer, but for viability as a consumer product - much too finicky and fussy. It needs to be Plug & Play - plug it in, turn it on and send it print files, and occasionaly replace the cartridge. Follow the trends in R & D of the major printer companies like Canon, HP Kyocera etc. FDM does not appear to be in the cards.

So let’s have fun while it lasts, but I think 20 years is pushing it - more likely, 20 years from now, people will point and ask “what is that?” as the museum guide explains…

The snapmaker however has some advantages with it’s additional CNC routering and lasering abilities. So still a worthwhile and sound investment for the forseeable future. :wink:

I want a Replicator like those on USS Enterprise (Star Trek) and just ask for what I want. :rofl::joy:

Hello My name is Ted
I just ordered my snapmaker should get it in 4 days.
I am a retired field engineer for a company that installs playback equipment in television news stations.
I was a cnc machinist 30 years ago at Texas Instruments and needed something to play with
This should keep me busy

welcome to the party

have fun

Thanks im New
I will receive my Snapmaker sometime today
I will need help figuring out everything

Hi @Tstanfordjr

Take your time, read the supplied documentation, read article in the forum and there are many great hints, ideas and references in SnapLinks.

It will not take you long until you are having as much fun as the rest of us.

Doug

Hello Everyone!

I am obviously new to this forum, but I am excited to get my new SnapMaker 2.0 when it arrives. I have so many project ideas and I am super happy that i can do them all on one machine. I am an outdoor enthusiast and have projects that will help with a number of things that have to do with hunting, fishing, shooting, camping, off roading and many more. I hope to pick up some pointers from people that are more familiar with the machines and what they can do.

Taylor

Hi @TangoCharlie

Welcome to the party. Start reading the forum articles. There are plenty of great learning references in Snaplinks so make sure you look at these.

Join Thingiverse, it is free and has many great projects to print. There is also a Snapmaker Group where clever members have uploaded some great tools and creations.

Keep having fun

Doug

Hello Makers! My name is Jim and I just got my Snapmaker Original and have started with 3D printing. So far I love it! I am an Electrical Engineer by trade and I purchased this device as a hobbyist hoping to make some fun things for the kids and around the house. I am exploring workflows at the moment, but will move on to Laser Engraving and CNC in a bit. Glad to be part of this wonderful community.

Hey Guys and Gals! I’m Josh from Arkansas. I’m totally new to all this. I’m looking forward to getting the new SnapMaker from KickStarter. I like to do woodworking and thought a laser engraver and CNC could help make things easier and more detailed. Now I’ve just got to learn how to do what I want using all this different software. I am pretty decent at Photoshop so I’m hoping there is a way to convert what I do in there to what I’m wanting to do with SnapMaker, or at least find something similar that I can grasp easily. Any software recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I’ll be surfing the forums to see what I find.

Welcome @jmostl and @jmac2404

Make sure you check out the great references for learning at Snaplinks

Keep having fun

Doug

Hello! My father and I are just getting into 3D printing. He comes from a mechanical engineering background while I come from software. We have a Snapmaker 1 and have jointly invested in the Snapmaker 2 Kickstarter and looking forward to more 3D printing in the future. So far we’ve made a planetary gearbox and he’s working on printing a robotic hand!

Hi,

I’m Dave and live in the US not far from Washington, DC. I work as an engineer for a software company to pay the bills. However in my free time I am “serial hobbyist”. Love to tinker with and dabble in many things…and never becoming an expert at anything :slight_smile: So the Snapmaker 2 (SM) that I just ordered should afford me much tinkering and dabbling.

My current hobbies are plastic modeling and astrophotography. I have plans for the SM to fulfill projects in both hobbies.

I’ve owned a large CNC (4x8 CNCRouterParts) in past but sold it as it was just too big for my real needs. Been toying with the idea of getting a 3D printer for several years and believe the SM will be a ideal choice to satisfy my curiosities.