Has any one made a bracket to hold all 3 heads on an aditional axis? Like a floating tool head?

Has any one made a bracket to hold all 3 heads on an aditional axis? Like a floating tool head slide?

Or another snap maker rail to offset the bracket like a parrallel x inverted off the other and offset the distance of the tool heads?

This would be better than a tool changer or repeatedly changing the bolts out ?

If you’re talking about something that can 3DP, Laser, and Mill all in a single file, I believe the way the firmware in the controller is currently written, this is, and will always be impossible. It would require fundamental changes to the codebase unfortunately. For instance, the same gcode is interpreted differently depending on which module is installed at startup, like M3.

If you’re talking about something to just hold the tools and you would power off the machine, change a cable, and then turn the machine back on, that might be possible, but I haven’t seen anything.

You’d be adding to the stress on the machine by adding more weight that the linear modules have to move.
-S

Do you mean something like this?:

This guy has had a lot of nice custom additions. I don’t think he’s active on this forum. Maybe he’s in the facebook group (I don’t use facebook, so don’t know). I assume he’s there, because his videos are a bit weird in the way, they show great stuff, but there’s not a lot of context. So I assume h’s embedding them elsewhere.

In his more recent videos he also references an etsy store where you can buy his designs. So they aren’t free.

I think that’s Lee Jihun. Yes, he’s on FB.
I don’t think he speaks much, if any english.
But he does have some cool things - pen holder, blade holder.
And yes, he does charge for them.

-S

Thats pretty cool. I dig it. And would prolbably help with the blade holder too thats awesome.

Im gonna have to find that guy.

I was talking about maby a manual slide mount with a pin even. Or just offsetting the tool head after a restart. And swaping plugs. Or possably a rotary switch lol.

But only while it was off. Diffrent files from the same original file.

I know mounting all 3 would be weight . but it should have rigidity for the mill ?
Maby front mounted brackets ? Idk

Idk. It would be interesting to print. Change the head and with a buff wheel offset the file and run a "clean up " run.