Firmware 2.5.9 changes

What changed in the firmware besides the addition of the silent, default, and fast modes in the print settings UI?

how exactly do those modes work?

V2.5.9

Merkmale

• Einstellung der Glasstärke in den Einstellungen hinzugefügt. • Option „Leistung“ in der Druckeinstellung hinzugefügt

Verbesserungen

:black_circle: Beschreibung des optimierten Maschinenmodells

Fehlerbehebung

• Es wurde ein Fehler behoben, bei dem der Beleuchtungswert nach der Anpassung im Touchscreen nicht aktualisiert wurde

• Es wurde ein Fehler behoben, der ein Problem mit der Druckleistung verursachte, das durch akkumulierte Fehler bei der Vorextrusion von von kurzen Kurven verursacht wurde

V2.5.9

Features

•Added Glass thickness adjustment in Settings • Added Performance option in Print Adjustment

Improvements

:black_circle: Optimized Machine Model description

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug lighting value would not update after adjustment in Touchscreen

• Fixed a bug that print performance problem caused by accumulated error in pre- extrusion of short curves

1 Like

Try it out, I myself still have to update.

printed an XYZ cube in each performance option and didn’t really notice any difference except Fast mode was louder than default or silent.

Allowing the definition of the glassplate thickness is a good idea from Snapmaker. This makes it much easier to buy your own glass (or thermally stress relieved - and electrically insulated!! - metal - unless you want to risk a severe short circuit on the heat bed if there is a slightest damage on the black laquer) plate and simply add the build plate of your own choice to it. Let’s hope more of the suggestions that were made here will be included :slight_smile:
But I guess I will convert the printer to a Duet nevertheless sooner or later :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My guess rergarding the performance option is that this setting will not override the speed settings - these are always defined in the slicer - but it might rather affect the motor currents. The faster you want to go, the higher the torque of the motors must be to avoid missed steps - which again means a higher current is needed. The downside is that the motors will be louder and get hotter.

On an open controller board you would define the motor currents as you want in the configuration which is not possible here. Therefore it might be a good idea to enable users to choose a setting that suits their needs - but Snapmaker should also add suggestions for the inexperienced users what they ought to use when.

A guide or something regarding performance modes would be really cool since they were added with very little context around it.

Plate thickness setting is very exciting because i have been wanting to swap out the bed for other materials and this makes things just a little bit easier.

would be nice if they fixed the issue with multi material prints done through the USB port at the back of the printer