Feature Request: support for Space Mouse

I love working with 3d connexion space mouse, maybe it´s possible to get a support for Luban?

5 Likes

Id love to see this implemented too. Im pretty new to this stuff, but I can code to a degree, so if there is an API in Luban it should be possible to write something to move the model in 6DoF…

1 Like

Add me to the list of people who want support for 3Dconnexion’s Space Mouse in Snapmaker Luban. Luban’s interface for moving around is insufficient.

Hi, I like to use my space mouse herewith too!

So I rather plead to a steering wheel as it is to be seen in the assembly instructions to the Snapmaker with future modules (see picture).

I have a Stepcraft milling machine here and also a Space Mouse that I use in Fusion 360.
The Space Mouse could be set up and used with the Stepcraft Mill, but since it is very sensitive on all axes, it was almost impossible to steer with it, I tried.
Therefore I got myself a steering wheel, which works much much better. And of course has many more functions, because it is just a milling machine and not a 3 in 1 device. (see picture)

But definitely a handwheel is much much better, the Space Mouse is rather nothing useful !!!

But I agree with the members here right at the CNC module simply a handwheel belongs to it, no control via the touch in 10 steps.
But something like what is already seen in the 1st picture.
Perfect it would be with a switch to switch between X-Y-Z-B axis to be able to control them individually.
And possibly the second control element for the speed of the CNC module (in the picture are still two selector switches to be seen at the control wheel, these I would use as I said one to switch the axes the other to control the speed) that would be something in the right direction.

Did anything ever happen here? Does Luban support any 3D Mouse?

1 Like

Did anybody send a ticket?
https://snapmaker.formcrafts.com/support-ticket