Bug Reports and Feedback for Snapmakerjs v2.6.X

Using SnapMaker 2.6.1 on Mac OSX Catalina 10.15.1 I have absolutely NO option available in Print section. Can’t change Quality, Shell, Infill, Speed, Retract, Surface, Adhesion nor Support - all options are greyed out even in Customise. Will see if I can use an older version.

Correction: just found out that I need to hit + to create a new profile… UI is not the most intuitive in this app…

You need to hit the + button to duplicate a copy of default configuration, and then you can edit it.

Same here. Snapmakerjs 2.6.1 will NOT let us change the ‘Build Plate Adhesion Type’ from Skirt!

Similarly, it also will NOT let us change the ‘Infill Density’ from the default!

Chris Shaker

I have found that you have to select the ‘+’ symbol first and then the edit icon, to the left, then you can make changes.

I wish the manual would be updated or let the customers update the manual with tips and tricks to make it work properly. I would like a downloadable manual that is current to the latest revision level available.

@parachvte, Thank you. Not very intuitive, but seems to work. Appreciate the help.

Thank you for the Clue. That worked! Can I say that is entirely non obvious?
Chris

I have tried to load Snapmakerjs on my MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 laptop but I get an error attempting to open (Mac can’t open because it can verify). Last version that worked was V2.5.4 until V2.7.0. I started with production release V2.6.1, but that one failed first. Seems you have fixed it in v2.7.0 but that is not your current production version.

Please check if v2.7.0 works for you.
v2.7.0 is mainly developed for macOS Catalina notarize issue, I will push it to our website recently.

My apologies. I guess I needed to be clearer. V2.7.0 does work. I just wanted to make aware that the current “production” version does not. Thank you.

When doing laser designs using Fixed Power, the laser power is being set for each element of the design using the following GCode:

; Laser: setting power
M3 P24 S61
G4 P1
M5

This causes the laser to turn on for 1ms and then switch off. On sensitive materials (such as Rowmark Flexibrass engraving laminate) this can be enough to leave a tiny burnt dot in the centre of the material.

When using multiple elements, this happens for each element of the design, making the burn more obvious with each element.

I am currently working around this by not using fixed power, using multiple design passes for designs that require different power settings for different design elements, and masking the laser with a piece of cardboard when I change the power. However, this is a pretty major annoyance.

Proposed solution:

When using Fixed Power, rather than using the above quoted GCode to set the power, could the power instead be set on the first M3 command of the actual design being engraved? This would cause the burn from setting the power to be made on the material at a point that is going to be etched anyway, and should eliminate the impact of this.

That’s right. We will fix this.