Just a feedback:
I have updated SnapmakerJS on my laptop to 2.5.1. I have the printer in the enclosure and have now connected the door cable to Port 4 of the controller. I updated the firmware to 2.7 on the Snapmaker then turned it off.
I attached the laptop to the printer, switched the printer back on, started SnapmakerJS, opened the com and toggled the enclosure detection to on.
Switched the printer off, rebooted the software and checked the status of the enclosure detection. Everything OK.
Checked the calibration and saw it was way off, so I performed a reset then calibrated the bed and saved.
Tried to print a file which I had already successfully printed before, and noticed the print head was 2-3mm above the bed so it just made a mess.
Stopped and performed the calibration again and saved, and everything was fine again. The print came out perfectly.
Don’t know why the save didn’t work properly the first time. Perhaps the laptop was still connected, I don’t remember.
Anyways, everythng is working as it should regarding 3D printing. I’ve yet to retry a Laser print, but I’m feeling confident.
One thing that bothered me though - all my tweaked settings for printing with PET-G were lost with the update. Didn’t think about this unfortunately, I should have printed them out or made notes.
I guess I’ll have to put a suggestion in for the ability to export custom material settings!
Thanks @parachvte for your support.