Bug Reports and Feedback for Snapmakerjs V2.5.X

Found the issue. I use Notepad++ to edit GCode for my CNC machines and you have to be in Administrator Mode when you open a locked file to be able to edit it and save it. So I was changing the number to 15 saving it and then apparently it’s not really saved so 20 continued to show up. So I unlocked the file changed it to Brim 15 and BINGO… It’s now at 15… go figure.

Thanks for the help… ! ! !

Hi Al

Another issue with SnapmakerJS in using the laser function. I can upload a background picture frame then using theText feature add a name, such as

if I click outside the text box it is impossible to reacquire the text to move it as it selects the background picture. I have to move the background out of the way to get to the Text. Do you have a a smarter way of handling the layers?

Also when creating a Text box the widget on the right side appears so as to tailor the text. When you click outside the text box, this widget disappears

Doug

Dear Support

You need to update the SnapmakerJS User Manual to reflect recent changes such as the inclusion of TEXT and FILL feature

Doug

@parachvte

I just found that if you right-click an image you can send it to the background or bring it to the front… this solves my problem… this needs to be in the Help file.

When you pause a Laser job (tested with 1,6 W) the Laser turns off but it doesn’t come back on resume.

Updated from 2.5.4 to 2.5.5 on windows 10 64

• All saved print settings once again lost on update
  • Custom material settings still not being saved
  • Can no longer click and drag models into snapmakerjs.
  • Copy and paste not working at all, both keyboard (ctrl-c and ctrl-v) and using edit menu do not work.

Things I tried to fix

• Tried uninstall/reinstall, no fix
  • Removed all existing config data (that json file), no fix
  • Running as admin, no fix
  • rolled back to 2.5.4 (was difficult for some reason) at least copy paste and click and drag work again.

So new version appears less functional and breaks rollback to older version that works better.

Settings made to the program should be saved (auto-preview, widget settings open/closed/disabled,…)

Hi @Terra-Fy

Can you clarify what function you were using, the 3D print or Laser ?

I am using v2.5.5 on W10 64 and I was able to drag and drop an STL file into the 3D print function and an image into the laser function.

I agree copy and paste will not work

I have not tried save settings as yet

Doug

I was using the 3D print function. When I rolled back to 2.5.4 drag and drop worked fine suggesting its an issue in 2.5.5

Just downloaded and installed the newest version on my PC and it will not open. It is showing in Task Manager but never opens the program. I installed the 2.5.5 64 bit on my Windows 10 and all other previous versions did not do this. I uninstalled, restarted and installed again and it still shows as running within the task manger but no program opens up.

Loads OK on my W10 64 system… step through an Alt+Tab sequence and make sure the install is not waiting fro a reply.

Sorry the break we made in 2.5.5 (copy & paste).

• We saved your settings on recommended configuration location of specific platform (Application Support/ on macOS, C:/ProgramData/ on Windows), from this version. Expecting your print settings are kept on next update s.
  • Custom material settings will be the same as print settings, on next version.

Continuing the discussion from Downloads and Updates:

Hi Snapmaker team,

can you explain why (for normal people) a bugfix release 2.5.x has major changes in it? Isn’t it better to show such major changes in a higher version number like 2.6 or 3.0 for adding new functions like support of Snapmaker 2.0 or a changed

Furthermore I’ve got graphic glitches in print settings when I use German as language in settings.

Thanks for your feedback.

We’ve just uploaded Snapmakerjs v2.6.0 Beta Testing for new features. You are right we were not strictly using the semver to denote patch versions, we used major version for breaking changes, minor version and patch version for big and small new features. And later on we will use only minor version for new features.

The glitches will be fixed when we release 2.6.0. :wink:

Hi,

Iv been having problems with the both 200mw and the 1.6w laser modules. With firmware 2.11 the lasers don’t output any power, iv checked all the leads on the machine etc and lowered the power down to 70% but still wasn’t getting any output. I think I have narrowed it down to a problem within firmware 2.11 as I have reverted back to GD32Base-2.9 and now both laser modules are outputting power.

Thought you turned the enclosure feature on, the laser turns off if you keep your enclosure doors open.

SnapmakerJS is not parsing SVG files correctly:

This is a problem that has been persisting a long time…

SVG file:
Asset%201

Hi all,
a have Mageia 7 and can’t start Snapmakerjs 2.6.0.
snapmakerjs-2.6.0-linux-ia32]# ./snapmakerjs
./snapmakerjs: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ls | grep libgtk-3
libgtk-3.so@

What now?

done: 64-bit works

Hi, does anyone else experience that Snapmakerjs graphic is not updating progress on screen as print is continuing. You have to click on the screen to refresh what has been printed. This previously was updating with the print in real time. Going from black to blue, it is not refreshing on its own any more.

Confirmed it’s a bug.