3DP Part Cooling Fan 5015 Replacement for Gen 1 extruder

Has there been any warping with your duct? Maybe the air isn’t blowing as directly to the parts that need cooled as it did the first print?

I also think that improvements could likely be made to the duct itself, but I lack the design skill to make these improvements reality. Although I would like to look into doing some airflow analysis of this duct to confirm my suspicions that airflow speed, direction, and focus could be improved.

Did you also do the “P” and “S” arguments/parameters for the M106 command? I haven’t tried over wifi, but over USB it works fine.

M106 P0 S255 (part cooling fan at 100% fan)

Frankly my machine wasnt good enough to print the duct

now that i have a duct i should reprint it so it comes out better.

The fan definatley does work properly

1 Like

Thank you for the help and the quick reply!

1 Like

Should I also do a PID tune after adding this fan? I’ll search for the how to on the forum, I just need to know if anyone else has seen a need for it or had any trouble with it.

I dont think you can do that

some of the tests from this page do not work for whatever reason, but

the other thing to do is linear advance

Teaching Tech 3D Printer Calibration (teachingtechyt.github.io)

this particular adjustment had a night and day difference for me, and i fail to understand why this isn’t part of the setup process.

Check out this thread brent started for a lot of cool info

Snapmaker 2.0 Initial Calibration Settings / Experiences - Snapmaker 2.0 - Snapmaker: where creation happens

1 Like

Woah that’s big! How much should that be scaled down to?

Argh, Fusion keeps messing up the measurements, scale it by 0.1 and it should fit right onto the printhead.

1 Like

Resized it to fit, sorry about the last one.

crossbreed.stl (563 KB)

1 Like

lol i noticed that too, what the heck is with that

What size and length screws do you use to attach the stock side plate to the spacer?

Trying to print it now with the spacer laying flat and tree supports in cura.

@brent113 I try to get that damn fan working if I connect it to a powersuply it works, connect to the snapmaker - it starts up and after a few seconds it stops! Cant imgine what Iam doing wrong! Tried with and withpout flyback. The origonal fan is still working when the new one goes down.

stefix you have it plugged into Fan1 or Fan2?

Fan1, then try to type M106 into console and see if it turns on full blast

i thought it was not working right but after fiddling around enough i decided it was.

i only say this because there are infact 2 fans in there, and one of them runs full time and one doesnt really run u ntil you tell it to, but might on power up for a moment.

also, you can try it direct to the fan connector to bypass your y splitter to trouble shoot futher

Hi MooseJuice,
I dont know is it fan 1 or 2, but I use the right one cause its spinning up together with the original fan.
but as I said after a few seconds it stops, and a 107 stops the original fan.But another 106 brings only the original fan back to work. It is weird

OK, well I say here is a good trouble shoot temporarily.

Plug the fan into Fan2 and turn the power on, it should run constantly whenver the heated nozzle is on. This is however not the right place to connect it during use, because the correct part cooling fan is fan 1 and fan 2 is a fan to prevent overheating on the board.

if the fan still doesnt run full time with the nozzle on in the Fan 2 port, maybe your cable is not right or a loose pin.

Can it be that my fan is in need of pore power?

It is possible, depending on how high you told the fan to run, that it is set too low, but a straight M106 would give it 100% power.

You have a 24VDC fan blower correct?

Yes it 24V, and on a powersuply it will work. I am going to look on my multimeter and check the powercounsumtion. Will get back with numbers

Well, thats good - and you might have everything right, and dont mean to sound like you dont know what you are doing, but just want to be clear about the setup because i had issues getting it going too

There are infact two fans in the head doing different things at different times.

For operation of new blower fan:

Connect Y-Splitter into Fan 1 port of board inside, move existing plug from Fan 1 port to one of the split Y ends, and the new blower fan to the other.

Power up machine and type M106 into console (with capitol M), no other suffixes needed, this will turn FAN 1 on to 100% power.

If this does not work, lets try to instead troubleshoot with this step:

Disconnect the above, and connect the blower fan directly to Fan 2, power up the machine and turn the heated nozzle on. This should enable the blower fan constantly while the heated nozzle is on. You don’t want to keep it like this, but just a troubleshooting step.

If your results differ from this, maybe your y splitter is not correct in some fashion. please share the results of these two scenarios

1 Like