Hi, welcome to our forum! Please introduce yourself. =)

I have to say there is a lot to learn but it becomes addictive. Definitely a Canadian winter pastime though.

I’ve been busy downloaded ‘things’ from Thingverse to print. Thought I would share one of them. I made this for my daughters sewing snaps. Going to have to print a lot more though and somehow find a faster speed that works.

1 Like

If you don’t care about the finish, you can try to rise the layer height to 0,3mm. It is the most efficient way to cut down time

1 Like

Hard to believe I just joined this forum a month ago today. I have learned so much keeping up with posts and receiving awesome advice. Having said that, there is so much more to learn. One thing I have learned is that this does tend to become a bit addictive.

1 Like

Nigel… not a bit addictive…VERY addictive… @Rainie will control all of us through the Snapmaker and she will take over the world… she is the modern evil Dr Fu Manchu :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Hi my name is mark. Tag Minto. I am a pen Turner. I was looking at a laser for engraving the boxes for my pens. When I came across snapmaker 2. The idea of the rotary attachment would open up some very interesting options so I have purchased. / pledged for a 250. I am now learning tinkercad. Lots of youtube videos. I think the combination of laser and cnc is very exciting. Now have to wait till December till mine is delivered. Till then I will be learning and asking newbie questions. The first of which is… where can a find a manual (pdf format) on snapmaker ja. How to use and tips etc… thanks in advance. Looking forward to Christmas this year. Ha ha.

2 Likes

@Minto. A newbie myself I was pointed to this. Lots of info there. Afaik there is no downloadable of the the software.

2 Likes

Hi there! I’m Mike. Here’s a few things:

• Wisconsinite
  • Glowforge Laser Owner
  • Dremel 3D45 3D Printer Owner
  • Weimaraner Dog Owner
  • Just pledged to the SnapMaker 2.0 Kickstarter
  • Star Wars, Game of Thrones…
  • Photography: Time Lapse, Drone, Landscape
  • Love dill pickles and squeeky cheese curds.
4 Likes

Well done @Tone your Snaplinks is wonderful.

1 Like

Hi Nigel,
Thanks for that I will check it out. Lots to learn.

2 Likes

Hello fellow Snapmakers!!! I’m Kyle Aruda, from Texas!!! I’m a Portfolio Development Exec for Siemens Solid Edge. Very exited to get my hands on V2.0 of the Snapmaker!!! Will be working with my daughter on designing/building/printing many objects soon.

2 Likes

Welcome @Rotoruda

I am like many members here and was new to all of this type of technology when I acquired the SM1. All that I will say is that you and your daughter will have a great time.

My best advice is to take your time there is much to learn. Have you seen the many references on the Snaplinks page?

Keep having fun

Doug

1 Like

Hi!

I’m Sven from Luxembourg. I backed a Snapmaker 2.0 A350.

I followed the SM1 Kickstarter Project back in 2017, but chose the Dobot Mooz 1 instead. Unfortunately this was the wrong decision as the Mooz Project is pretty dead now. My Mooz 1 still works pretty fine, but I need a bigger build volume :smile: The Snapmaker community seems much more alive, so I’m looking forward to work with the Snapmaker 2.0!

2 Likes

Hi @TheBlackfish

Welcome to the party. I have had my SM1 since Nov 2017. I knew nothing about 3D printing, lasering and CNC work.

The SM1 has been an incredible journey of learning and fun. I too have pledged fro an A350 and look forward to the larger build volume and new features.

The Snapmaker team have impressed me with efforts to build and offer a quality unit and of course listening to all of us for product use feedback and product improvement ideas. It is a very collegiate and positive environment. You don’t get this opportunity with many businesses.

Keep having fun

Doug

1 Like

Hi! I’m Eric, and I was one of the original kickstarter backers. I made a number of successful prints and laser burns after receiving the snap maker, but had to set it aside for a bit while I re-arranged my house.

Now I’ve got a permanent workbench home for it, and am ready to get back to it!

(I know this doesn’t go here, but the forum gives me an “Unable to view resource” error (???) when I try to ask this question where it belongs, so I’ll asking it here instead.)

All of the links to the manuals, including all of the FAQ questions in the forum and support website and the help button in snapmakerjs, point to https://manual.snapmaker.com. Unfortunately, every link there gives this message:

“Page Not Found
The book published at this address does not contain the requested page.
It may have been moved or deleted by its author.”

Is that temporary? Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

1 Like

hi @ewagoner

The problem is on your PC I have just checked and all is good.

Doug

1 Like

Thanks! It’s working for me now too, but for many hours earlier it wasn’t. Ghosts in the machines, I suppose.

2 Likes

probably your ISP stuffing up the DNS references

Keep having fun

1 Like

A couple of things to try at times like this. Sometimes DNS get messed up. Try flushing the DNS cache from your pc. Also use the Google DNS Servers @ 8.8.8.8.

Hi I’m Torge, I work as a CAD-modeller and want to use my snapmaker use my skills to create real objects with it.

I really love the possibilities of the snapmaker - and how well it is manufactured!!

3 Likes

Hi @tarzaaan

Welcome to the community; we are all having fun with our Snapmaker 1 and looking forward to the Snapmaker 2. Make sure you checkout many of the great references in Snaplinks

Keep having fun

Doug